Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Life's Little Road Map to Adventure

My publisher recently came out with some new themes for stories and I was hesitating over submitting within these new guidelines because it was going to send me over and beyond my comfort zone with erotic writing. I wanted to try them, but I just wasn't sure I could do it.

You know, every now and then if you watch closely, life sends you a sign--a signal about how to proceed, and sure enough, it did that yesterday. As I logged onto the computer there was a quote setting there that gave me some direction. "Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content." It was a statement once made by Louis L'Amour and, really, how true is that?

Well, if I really took the time to think about it, my latest release, Sequestered Passion was a stretch for me to write with its Dominant/submissive theme. I enjoy a challenge. Don't you think when you reach for the challenge it makes the world seem more alive somehow? It energizes you. Complacency wears you down, makes the world a bit less colorful. And too much complacency makes it tasteless and drab.

I like the ups and downs of intense emotion--all of them. I like the vibrancy of colors, be it rainbow or neon, or somplace in between, and I love writing about the human condition of passion and romance, and, yes, lust--for life, for love, for non-complacency.

Adrianna

No comments: